Optimizing ad-delivery and
Advertising Bids have 100 ms to be considered by an exchange
Low network latency is essential to ensure faster RTB bids, ad delivery, re-targeting and optimum ad-targeting.
A strict timeout limit is placed on the auction process in RTB and Programmatic advertising. After accounting for computation time bids have a mere 40 to 60 ms to arrive back at the ad exchanges.
Losing out on Bids
Bids that arrive later than 100 ms are not considered for the auction.
Being Left out of the bidding process
Consistently late responses to RTB bids can also result in a DSP being completely shut off from the bidding process and not being queried for a bid altogether.
Low Computation time
Higher network latency leads to lower computation time which means that bids are usually over or under priced and not optimally targeted towards the most engaged audience.
Ad load times
80% to 90% of the approximately 1 second ad serving process is taken over by network latency. Delay in the ad loading process can lead to missed impressions, where the advertiser is charged for the impression without the user actually having seen the ad.
The Datapath.io Solution
Reduce Network latency by 3-4 times
- Lowering the number of bids lost due to late responses
- Freeing up more time for computation thereby Improving bid price calculation and targeting decisions
- Giving Adtech companies more geographical leeway to service multiple ad exchanges from a single location
- Lowering capital and expertise expenditures
- Making the process of adserving and page loading faster thereby discouraging the use of Adblockers
Minimize Transit Cost
Datapath.io allows AdTech companies to choose optimized network routes with the lowest transit cost within the latency constraint of the RTB process.