Single Anycast IP.
Datapath.io’s Anycast solution places all your hosting infrastructure behind a single Anycast IP for load balancing and automated failover.
Global Load Balancing and Failover as-a-service
Datapath.io’s Anycast service provides automated load balancing and failover as-a-service, freeing you from dependence on DNS-based load balancing.
A single Anycast IP is advertised for all your hosting resources. Internet traffic is then intelligently distributed or re-routed.
Regular DNS based solutions can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes to re-route internet traffic.
Datapath.io’s Anycast fabric is traffic agnostic and applies to all your HTTP, HTTPS, (TCP)SSL or UDP traffic.
How Anycast Works
- Anycast allows all your globally distributed servers to sit behind a single Anycast IP.
- Network traffic can then be distributed over multiple servers for seamless scaling or re-routed to redundant servers.
- Health checks ensure that all resources are traffic-ready.
- Once a server fails a health check network traffic is automatically distributed or re-routed to the backup server.
Anycast Load Balancing
- Leverage a single Anycast IP and your global hosting infrastructure to scale your applications in real-time without a warm up period.
- Meet traffic spikes and increases in demand head on with intelligent load balancing and re-routing.
- Leverage your resources to maximize availability and performance by serving users from the closest regions.
- Accelerate content delivery and improve application performance.
- The Anycast fabric conducts sub-second health checks and reacts immediately to changes in server health and network conditions.
- As soon as a server fails a health check the BGP routes pointing to that server are withdrawn while BGP routes for the healthy server are advertised.
- Maximize availability and uptime of your applications and ensure that you derive maximum benefit from your resources.
- Ensure that your applications and hosting infrastructure are always one step ahead of the curve.
We have a constantly incoming stream, and with a DNS solution, if one data center will go down, we won’t be able to completely failover to the other data center for one hour or even longer. It’s totally unacceptable for us and our customers. The most important part for us is the uptime. Our targeted availability should be as high as possible. Usually, we are looking for 99.99%. With Datapath.io Anycast average uptime is going up and it helps us to achieve our goals.